Last weekend a poster was spotted teasing what appeared to be a new Minions soundtrack produced by Jack Antonoff, and featuring music from Diana Ross and Tame Impala, Phoebe Bridgers, BROCKHAMPTON, Tierra Whack, Brittany Howard, H.E.R., Jackson Wang, Bleachers, Weyes Blood, Kali Uchis, Caroline Polachek, Thundercat, RZA, St. Vincent and more, and this afternoon the soundtrack has been officially announced.
The Minions: The Rise of Gru soundtrack is curated and produced by Antonoff, and the first release will be Diana Ross and Tame Impala’s collaboration “Turn Up The Sunshine” on 20 May.
The soundtrack will also see the likes of Bridgers, Polachek, BROCKHAMPTON, St. Vincent and Thundercat cover songs by The Carpenters, Nancy Sinatra, Kool & The Gang, Lipps Inc and Steve Miller Band.
GRAMMY award-winning producer Jack Antonoff joins a star-studded artist line up for this Gru-vy musical soundtrack coming July 1st! pic.twitter.com/v0mwrOUSBD
— #Minions (@Minions) May 10, 2022
- Turn Up The Sunshine – Diana Ross ft. Tame Impala
- Shining Star – Brittany Howard ft. Verdine White (Earth, Wind & Fire 1975)
- Funkytown – St. Vincent (Lipps Inc in 1979)
- Hollywood Swinging – BROCKHAMPTON (Kool & The Gang 1974)
- Desafinado – Kali Uchis (Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto 1959)
- Bang Bang – Caroline Polachek (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
- Fly Like an Eagle – Thundercat (Steve Miller Band 1976)
- Goodbye To Love – Phoebe Bridgers (The Carpenters 1972)
- Instant Karma! – Bleachers (John Lennon 1970)
- You’re No Good – Weyes Blood (Linda Ronstadt 1975)
- Vehicle – Gary Clark Jr. (The Ides of March 1970)
- Dance to the Music – H.E.R. (Sly and The Family Stone 1967)
- Black Magic Woman – Tierra Whack (Santana 1970)
- Cool – Verdine White
- Born To Be Alive – Jackson Wang (Patrick Hernandez 1979)
- Cecilia – The Minions (Simon & Garfunkel 1970)
- Bang Bang – G.E.M. (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
- Kung Fu Suite – RZA
- Minions: The Rise of Gru Score Suite – Heitor Pereira
Diana Ross and Tame Impala’s “Turn Up The Sunshine” song will arrive on 20 May. The Minions: The Rise Of Gru soundtrack will follow on 1 July via Decca Records, and is available to pre-order now. The film will be released on the same day.
|Title||:||Diana Ross and Tame Impala album seemingly confirmed by posters in London|
|Artist||:||Hip Hop World News|
|Type of file||:||Audio/Video (.mp3 .mp4)|
A collaborative album between Diana Ross and Tame Impala has seemingly been completed and slated for a 2022 release, per some colourful posters spotted in London. The posters, which appear to have gone up last night (May 8), note that the as-yet-untitled project is produced by Jack Antonoff and will feature several special guests. Amongst those listed are Phoebe Bridgers, St. Vincent, Thundercat, Brockhampton and Antonoff’s own band Bleachers. The project is heralded as “coming soon” at the top of the poster. View the poster below (as snapped by Adam Lewis): Talk of Ross and Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker working on music together surfaced last year, although it was said at the time to only be a single. “She’s really excited to work with Tame Impala, and is ecstatic with the track,” a source reportedly told The Sun. “She can’t wait for fans to hear it.” Ross put out her 25th studio album, entitled ‘Thank You’, in November 2021. It marked her first album of new and original material since 1999’s ‘Every Day Is A New Day’. In a three-star review, NME described the album as “schmaltzy, mid-tempo diva empowerment”. “It feels as if everybody involved in ‘Thank You’ has reverentially tried to make the platonic ideal of a Diana Ross album,” it read. “Instead[, it has] fallen into the late-career artist deadzone of a pleasant record that neither particularly updates nor diminishes her legacy.” Parker, meanwhile, is still on tour in support of Tame Impala’s 2020 album ‘The Slow Rush’ – although he’s recently claimed that Impala’s fifth album will be completed “sooner than what has been the pattern”. As for Antonoff, the in-demand producer has been touring with Bleachers in support of their 2021 album ‘Take The Sadness Out Of Saturday Night’. He has also been working on new music with Lenny Kravitz‘ daughter, actor Zoë Kravitz. In February, Antonoff was given the Songwriter Award at the 2022 BandLab NME Awards.